Thursday, January 24, 2013

LORDOSIS - BOW TO ME

ALL HAIL TO THE MIGHTY CERVICAL SPINE
THE ANATOMY OF OTHER MAMMALS IS INFERIOR
YOUR EXCESSIVE LORDOTIC CURVATURE IS ALSO 
CALLED HYPERLORDOSIS HOLLOW AND IS ..... HALLOW..
BOW TO ME..... BOW TO ME! 
LORDOSIS!
LORDOSIS!


(SHOULD BE A SONG NO?)

Years back I had the pleasure of working with one of my favorite Norwegian Black Metal bands SATYRICON.  It is always a big ol' bitch working with someone/thing you love/admire because of the added pressure to churn out something incredible that you love.  
Ill never forget that evening... I had an assistant with me who ive known for a decade plus who was keeping me and my equipment safe from the opening band of thrashers as it were. If I remember correctly, I was standing 20 feet away (minimally) from opening bands and getting slammed against.
The first and only time Ive worked in this venue, total disappointment mind you.... then again at the time I would have travel to the conflagrant depths of HELL to work with SATYRICON (now simply flying to the Mother North does the trick).

I was brought into this to capture live guitar and live singer with zero chance of stage shooting due to stage production/props [this is where I no longer work OFF STAGE or with very RARE exception] ...... (this is where I add the part about ''ITS FUCKING SATYRICON AND I WOULD BATTLE A SEA OF 4 HEADED SEA DRAGONS FROM THE MURKY DEPTHS OF SEA-HELL TO SHOOT THEM BACK THEN... AND NOW'')

Epic intro... bands starts.... HELL breaks loose.... Professional Photographer Keleigh Black gets killer shots of of of her favorite bands in for guitar company in.... 
*An action packed play by play:
MY TRIPLE' OF JACK DANIELS SPILLS EVERYWHERE::::: NOOOOOO!!!:::::I TURN LOOKING FOR 'ASSISTANT' (HOLDING GEAR OVER HEAD)::: I FEEL A LEAD-LIKE  KICK TO BACK OF THE HEAD/NECK:::: PUKED JACK DANIELS ON SELF::: MORE PHOTOS:::*FIST PUMP*::::PHOTOS::::PUKE:::::*HEADBANG*::::::PUKE:::::DONE!

Here comes the guitarist of KORN and girl friend to say hello (almost puked) ''gotta go dude!''
Here comes legendary photographer Dean Karr (who I was bringing home?) ''gotta go!''
"OMFG I am going to DIE Brian (Assistant)!"

This story takes us to the Emergency room in Beverly Hills the following day after puking up green BILE all night (not the amazing Industrial band of ex fiance) I thought it was from rocking my ass off and drinking all night??? Wrong..... wrong.

Forward several years past a major Sinus/Nose surgery and Heart failure/treatments (current)
I am dealing with serious neurological issues that started in my early twenties..... in the early years of my photography (pre above mentioned show).

After countless Xrays/MRI's/CTScans/blood work and physical therapy (ongoing) with at home traction therapy (lovely torture device that pulls my head away from my spine daily) I have a totally FUCKED UP CERVICAL SPINE.  

Therapists, Neurologist, Internist, Radiologists all asking me the same thing, ''when did you have a head and neck accident?''... "I did not EVER have an accident"...''what is your occupation and have you ever had an injury or been hit in the head/neck?" ... "tons of times..... but this ONE time...... BIG time!!!!''

DIAGNOSIS?
Severe Lordosis of the Cervical Spine with bulging C-5/C-7 disks with additional disintegration/disease of the disks.


RESULT:
Injury sustained by severe impact to the right/back side of the head and neck with extreme force.

All this is causing neurological issues, tingling and numbness in my right hand, fingers and I am on a number of medications used for seizure patients. Is this all from one Norwegian Black Metal concert? probably NOT.... years of shooting? im certain. Is the massive damage done from that one faithful night? ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY...... HAVE A LOOK DARLINGS.



                                              THE OPPOSITE OF A NORMAL SPINE
                                                        SATYR OF SATYRICON 2008
 


WATCH YOUR GOODS KIDS.......


http://www.sfexaminer.com/entertainment/music/2012/07/no-more-headbanging-mortal-slayer-frontman


1 comment:

Marcela Machado Vanègue said...

WOW! I know this is not a good neck movement, I used to do it a lot. Nowadays, especially after becoming a mom, I am not headbanging much. Sorry to hear that, I hope you fell better. I remember after concerts how my neck used to hurt.